Welcome to Famous in Your Field! Here’s your free weekly tip to boost your fame factor. (Be sure to sign up in the box on the right to get on the VIP list for free tips and training, delivered straight to your inbox.)
You’re suffering from insider-blindness. You can’t see the cool, interesting, impressive and inspirational aspects of your business.
But oh, baby, it’s there! Sparkling just below the surface.
2. Appearances at events
3. Appointments to a board or committee
4. Articles published by you. (Write a case study for an industry magazine? Let your network know with a press release.)
5. Articles published about you. (Get featured in your local newspaper? Yep, send out a press release about it.)
6. Award you’ve received.
7. Write a book? Announce it to the world!
8. Books you’re mentioned in
9. Sponsor a contest? Shout it out.
10. Help a charity?
11. Free classes/webinars/workshops/talks
12. Create a holiday
13. Go from LLC to Inc.?
14. Moving into a new market?
15. Change your business name?
16. Land a new client?
17. New hire
18. New product or service?
19. Partnership or strategic alliance
20. Results of a poll or survey you’ve created
21. Radio or TV interview
22. Research you’re conducting or the results
23. Speaking engagement
24. Sponsors a group? Or an event? Get the word out!
25. Trends you are seeing
Wowsers! After making this list, I can see that I have six press release opportunities for my business, right under my nose. Better get writing.
Now I’m throwing it back to you. Can you think of more reasons to get a little ink for your business? Shout ’em out in the comments.
Scan the list and pick one topic that you can use to get your company name on everybody’s lips. Boom boom pow! Your soon-to-be raving fan base is waiting for you.