Welcome to Famous in Your Field! Here’s your free weekly tip to boost your fame factor. (Be sure to sign up in the box on the right to get on the VIP list for free tips and training, delivered straight to your inbox.)
What if you could build your business and make money, just by video chatting with clients from the comfort of your own home office?
Okay, I know that all that is ALREADY possible. But honestly, there are more logistics involved than some future A Listers want to deal with.
How about if someone else took care of all the details and made it completely seamless? You just did your stellar thing, while collecting a few ducats?
(Oh, did you hear that, too? The triumphant musical crescendo signaling that you’re about to experience something mind-blowing awesome?)
Check out Google Helpouts and LiveNinja
LiveNinja kicked off in late 2011, while Google Helpouts went public a few months ago. Both match experts with people who’ll pay to learn something, whether it’s speaking Japanese, perfecting your Paleo diet or protecting your intellectual property.
Here are some quick facts about Google Helpouts and LiveNinja:
- On both sites, you can search for an expert, schedule a session and pay for one-on-one custom advice, all in one place.
- Video sessions can be any length – from a few minutes to several hours.
- All pricing is set by the expert (some offer free sessions, too.)
- Google and LiveNinja both take 20% of the fee that providers collect.
- Consumers can leave reviews, based on their experiences with the expert.
- For Google Helpouts, you’ll need a Google+ account and to sign onto Google Wallet for payment.
- LiveNinja uses Paypal. From Paypal, you can transfer the funds to your own bank account.
LiveNinja also lets its ninjas offer free or paid webinars and live events via the site. (No need to mess around with high cost webinar services.)
1. For now, Google Helpouts is invitation-only. If you know someone who has been approved, often that person can issue an invitation to a limited number of other experts. You can ask for an invite on the Helpouts site.
2. Google Helpouts include these categories: Arts & Music, Computers & Electronics, Cooking, Education & Careers, Fashion & Beauty, Fitness & Nutrition, Health, Home & Garden, and Other.
3. You’ll have to be interviewed and pass a background check before being approved.
4. Like LiveNinja, consumers can leave reviews of the different video chat experts. Google will refund consumers who are not satisfied with their video consultation.
1. Sign up to be a ninja for free.
2. LiveNinja does not require any particular skills, certifications or degrees, however, if you receive more than one complaint from a user, LiveNinja will investigate and may suspend your account.
3. To be listed in the LiveNinja marketplace or browse page, you’ll have to have at least one paid transaction with at least a 3-star review, so line up your network to make this happen.
Your Fame Boosting Assignment:
Check out LiveNinja or Google Helpouts this week. Think of two ways you could use these services to help you promote your expertise to the world and create a new revenue stream. C’mon, strivers and stars, we’re waiting for your magic!