Welcome to Famous in Your Field! Here’s your free weekly tip to boost your fame factor. (Be sure to sign up in the box on the right to get on the VIP list for free tips and training, delivered straight to your inbox.)
You’ve been burning up the virtual air waves, spreading your message and information. How do you take that thirty minute spot and multiply it so that hundreds or thousands more can learn from you?
Sure, most people will post a link to the interview or webinar on their website, but that’s about it. Sad, when there’s so much more you can do!
Here’s how to add some jet fuel to really make that publicity opp take off.
1. Write a blog post or entry on your website about it. (Maybe add it to your As Seen In page?)
Include a short description (3 to 5 sentences) that mentions the media outlet, the topic and overview of what you delivered in the interview, podcast or webinar.
2. Create a graphic quote from you related to the topic.
3. Offer resources for more information on the topic.
- Links to tools you mentioned in the interview
- Related blog posts or articles
- Books or websites
4. Create a list of takeaways or bullets covered during the interview.
What questions will be answered by listening to the interview or watching the webinar? Make ’em juicy!
5. A link to watch or listen to the interview, with a snappy visual.
Don’t skip out on your chance to make an impact; use an image with your link.
6. Twitter tweets, wrapped up and ready to go.
Write one or two of the key insights or takeaways from your webinar/interview/podcast as ready-made tweets, so that all the reader has to do is click.
A tool like Click to Tweet makes it super easy.
7. A call to action.
Below your image with the link to watch your webinar interview or listen to your podcast, let people know what to you want them to do next:
- Download a PDF?
- Buy a book?
- Visit your website to sign up for a free consultation?
Spell it out, loud and proud.
Your fame boosting assignment:
Open the virtual vault – do you have any interviews, webinars or podcasts that you could spark up with a little PR jet fuel? Find one and add these 7 items to make it take off.