Enjoy your free weekly tip to boost your fame factor. (Be sure to sign up in the box on the right to get on the VIP list for free tips and training, delivered straight to your inbox.)
Wish there was an easy way to tell everyone you’re connected to about your upcoming speaking gig or workshop presentation? Oh, and wouldn’t it be awesome if you could also spread the word among your connection’s connections, too?
Say hello to my little friend: LinkedIn.
One of LinkedIn’s most powerful features is its Events tool. And it’s getting better all the time.
Just what’s so great about it? You can tap into LinkedIn’s 100 million + users to publicize and promote an event to everyone of your connections and potentially to your connection’s connections. Right there, you’ve just jumped from a few hundred people to tens of thousands who could potentially see your event and attend or become more aware of your and your business.
And don’t limit yourself to just the big headliners like conferences! You can publish any kind of event on LinkedIn: think seminars, roundtables, webinars, workshops, lunch & learns.
Creating an Event on LinkedIn is just four easy-peasy steps:
1. From your profile, click on the More menu at the top of your home page and then select Events.
2. Click the Add an Event tab.
3. Fill out the event information.
4. Click Publish Event.
Creating the event is simple, but taking a few extra minutes to promote your event can amp up your results.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add some color to your event! Upload a logo to make your event stand out from the crowd.
- Use a snappy title for your event. One that’s both results oriented and attention-getting.”MOXIE.MONEY.MEANING. Workshop for Women: Create the Career You Love and the Success You Deserve”
- In your event description, include a strong call to action (that’s marketer speak for “tell people exactly what you want them to do next.”) Instruct viewers to click the I’m Attending or Follow buttons so that their network connections will see it, too.
In another post, I’ll share more ideas to promote your event on LinkedIn.
Your fame boosting assignment:
Get on over to LinkedIn and check out the Events section. Create your own event for your business or industry and spread the word on it.